Gurmukhi 'ikonkaar'

SundaraRaman R via Indic indic at unicode.org
Tue May 15 15:20:05 CDT 2018

Hi,

In Unicode, EK ONKAR is already its own separate character, with code
0A74. It's a full and separate character at the Unicode level, not a
composite built from partial characters.

If it requires multiple key presses in your keyboard and you would
like to change that, you should try and find a different Input Engine
for Gurmukhi that has a single keypress for this character, or contact
the developers of your current input engine.

Similarly regarding the shape of the symbol, the shape displayed in
your computer depends on the font used for the display. So you could
try and find a different Gurmukhi font that displays the character the
way you wish, or similarly contact the designer of the font suggesting
a better design.

Regards,
Sundar