Gurmukhi 'ikonkaar'

p phul via Indic indic at unicode.org
Tue May 15 08:20:14 CDT 2018

I am (as a sikh) concerned about the gurbani ‘ikonkaar’ symbol in Gurmukhi fonts – why is not possible to have a correct form of this symbol so important to us and was to our gurus –
Attached file shows the correct shape (I am sure you are aware of it) – I am an architect engineer and a font maker – please let me know if I can contribute any thing towards getting this right –
Unlike arabic script where characters have a (beginning, middle, end, and full character shapes), Gurmukhi letters , half letters and sound symbols always retain their shape and position – why then the we have to go thru multiple key presses to type a character –

I think a single key press should bring fourth the required character (in Gurmukhi, a combination of main letter + half letter + single or multiple sound symbols are required to spell a word and do not make a composite character) –
We are wasting valuable keys by creating partial composite characters (these serve no purpose) –

I can type Gurmukhi exactly like English (that is each key press produces a character in its own correct position) –

I would appreciate some clarification/explanation on this –

regards

Sent from Mail for Windows 10