What is this new chandrabindu for Kannada?

Dr.U.B. Pavanaja pavanaja at vishvakannada.com
Thu Feb 26 20:39:54 CST 2015

I was going through the : Draft Additional Repertoire for Amendment 2 to
ISO/IEC 10646:2014 (4th Edition, Amendment 2)
<http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15028-n4658-pdam23-charts.pdf> .

I found there is one additional Chandrbindu proposed for Kannada at 0C80.
Already one chandrabindu has been added to Kannada at 0C81. What is the
purpose of this new Chandrabindu? Who requested for it?

The most important additions needed for Kannada script at present are some
characters (mostly vowels and vowel signs) needed to write Tulu (and Kodava,
Byari, Havyaka, etc) language(s) in Kannada script.

Thanks and regards,

Pavanaja