Devanagari and Subscript and Superscript

Plug Gulp plug.gulp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:24:39 CST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to understand if there is a way to use Devanagari
characters (and grapheme clusters) as subscript and/or superscript in
unicode text. It will help if someone could please direct me to any
document that explains how to achieve that. Is there a unicode marker
that will treat the next grapheme cluster in the unicode text as
super/subscript? For e.g. if one wants to represent "ब raise to क्ष"
how does one achieve that; is there a marker to represent it as
follows: ब + SUP + क + ् + ष
where SUP acts as a marker for superscripting the next grapheme
cluster. Similar for subscripting.

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question; in that
case please could you direct me to the right forum?

Thanks and kind regards

~Plug