Sardinian in CLDR releases

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Nov 19 16:09:05 CST 2020

On that release note, we selected languages that had shown the most change.

That being said, here are a few comments about Sardinian.

   1. A main factor is whether enough data has been confirmed at a Basic
   level, which is assessed according to
   http://cldr.unicode.org/index/process#TOC-Draft-Status-of-Optimal-Field-Value.
   To improve that, we'd typically need the additional involvement of an
   organization that is a recognized authority on a language. This can be a
   university, government agency, or similar institution. If there are any
   such organizations for Sardinian.
   2. There is a project this cycle of reforming the way we measure
   coverage (which is visible on
   https://unicode-org.github.io/cldr-staging/charts/38/supplemental/locale_coverage.html#sc)
   that should improve the Basic scores for some languages.

Mark