Considering Cleanup of Some Transforms

Mark Davis ☕️ via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Sun Oct 20 12:09:55 CDT 2019

Thanks, this sounds like a useful project to me.

For something like this, you should file a ticket first, and then you can
get the committee's take on the design before doing the work on it.

For each one of the planned changes in the ticket, please add a link to a
file that shows the issue, and what the change would look like in that
file, so that the committee can see exactly what you plan. I give one
simple one below.

   1. add <![CDATA[ ... ]]> child nodes to encompass all rules (impacts 214
   files)
   2. Set XML comments, <!-- ... --> to # comments (impacts 3 files)
   3. Fix a commented out <?xml ...?> header (one file)
   4. Update Copyright end date to all files (set to 2020 ?)

https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/blob/master/common/transforms/Amharic-Latin-BGN.xml
-4 Copyright © 1991-2013 Unicode, Inc.
+4 Copyright © 1991-2020 Unicode, Inc.

   1. replace $wordBoundary variable with corresponding ICU marker (31
   files, having introduced this variable I feel some sense of responsibility
   for it)

Mark