Considering Cleanup of Some Transforms

Daniel Yacob via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Sun Oct 20 08:54:12 CDT 2019

Greetings,

Looking through the CLDR transforms recently, I noticed mixed conventions
in the <tRule> nodes and thought that I could volunteer some time to make
them more consistent.  What I have in mind is:

* add <![CDATA[ ... ]]> child nodes to encompass all rules (impacts 214
files)
* Set XML comments, <!-- ... --> to # comments (impacts 3 files)
* Fix a commented out <?xml ...?> header (one file)
* Update Copyright end date to all files (set to 2020 ?)
* replace $wordBoundary variable with corresponding ICU marker (31 files,
having introduced this variable I feel some sense of responsibility for it)

I would fork the repo and make a pull request to provide an update.  Before
undertaking this work though, I would like to have some assurance that a
pull request with these updates would be accepted.  LMK if so and I will go
forward with these revisions -or just some as advised.

thanks!

-Daniel