Interpretation of pi-LA (Pali as in Laos)

Richard Wordingham via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Thu Jan 10 20:52:53 CST 2019

As I appear to be a robot*, I request that the CLDR developers please
address the issues below:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:13:22 +0100
Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> There were a couple of entries in there that surprised me and I
> still think the scripts are wrong in a few of these cases.  Is there
> any straightforward way of checking how they were derived?  They are:
>
> sga => sga_Ogam_IE ! Surely Latn is the main script for Old Irish
>                    ! (unless you want to count Latg)
> non => non_Runr_SE ! I think Latn, but perhaps it depends on how you
>                    ! measure usage.  I understood that most of the Old
>                    ! Norse material came from Iceland.
> nod => nod_Lana_TH ! I think Thai - unless there has been a major
> shift ! recently.

The case of Northern Thai appears likely be addressed by ticket #11603.

Richard.

*Robots are still not allowed to submit tickets, so don't ask.

P.S.  I can't find my serial number or product number, so not quoted.