Locale bringup and barriers for entry

Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Sat Sep 22 12:52:23 CDT 2018

On  22/09/18 17:23 Philippe Verdy via CLDR-Users wrote:
[quote]
> But the CLDR Survey does not allow us to participate directly by submitting LDML data
> (as submitted but unvetted provisional data) and then merging them in our votes.
> It would considerably speedup the data submission

Steven R. Loomis hinted this in response to a demand I’d posted on Trac:

https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/11255#comment:2

> (I also think that such submissions should allow us to include some custom "hashtag",
> that are usable in a search form in CLDR survey, so that we can group related items together:
> we could have multiple hashtags, one for each property we want to track in alternative groups,
> because these groups do not necessarily form a partition of the data space, they are not orthogonal).

I don’t understand how SurveyTool would get these hashtags to work, but you may post this as a feature
request. For newcomers, here is how to send feedback for processing by the CLDR Technical Committee:

1. Set your personal data in Preferences:
https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/prefs

2. Submit any report, new data not having their locale ID in CLDR yet, feature requests:
https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/newticket

Don’t worry if you’re prompted to do some arithmetics. With your personal data in a cookie, that is less likely
to happen. Make sure however not to exceed the maximum number of 5 external links per post. Internal links
are unlimited, using     ticket:123456     syntax or alternatives as shown in:
https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/wiki/WikiFormatting

What we can already do is to use XML comments in the files we’re working on, and there we may add hashtags.
However SurveyTool won’t import them, only register our votes. Which is already a huge deal saving us much time.

Regards,

Marcel