TR 35-7

Steven R. Loomis via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Fri Mar 16 18:00:04 CDT 2018

El El vie, mar. 16, 2018 a las 3:13 p. m., Marcel Schneider <
charupdate at orange.fr> escribió:

> On 16/03/18 17:16, Steven R. Loomis wrote:
> > I think the bug tracking tool is best for tracking issues. You are
> already
> > interacting with the editor there (I am not the editor).

I meant the owner of the ticket, not the editor of the document. What I
meant is that you have left feedback on
https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10901#comment:20 - so I think
discussion of that feedback is best kept on that ticket.

> Then I’d suggest that you request your name to be replaced with the
> real editor’s name(s).
>
> In turn I apologize for invoking your responsibility.

No need for any replacement or apology.

> That now brings the need to file a whole bunch of tickets on a per‐issue
> basis. I think it’s unresponsive to get other people wast so much time,
> for things that would have been fixed long ago if only the initial writers
> had been a bit careful.

I don’t see how there is a need to file more tickets, if your comments are
already captured.   What am I missing?

The actual system of change logging doesn’t facilitate corrections, as
> you’re likely to put “added plus signs in part of the modifier combos”
> and “permutated suffix Ls and Rs to prefix Ls and Rs” and the like in
> the change log.
>
> No need to record “added cell padding” and “added sample code formatting”
> however.

Which changes are you referring to?

Why not a default 4px cellpadding to all table th/td elements?

> Just wondering while I was on it.

It might be a good suggestion, but that would be a separate ticket.

Regards,

Steven