Interpretation of pi-LA (Pali as in Laos)

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 9 12:13:22 CDT 2015

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 15:32:18 +0200
Mark Davis ☕️ <mark at macchiato.com> wrote:

> The script may result from the combination.
>
> In
> http://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/latest/supplemental/likely_subtags.html
> look for rows that have both a language and region (but no script),
> such as Azerbaijani.

There were a couple of entries in there that surprised me and I
still think the scripts are wrong in a few of these cases.  Is there any
straightforward way of checking how they were derived?  They are:

sga => sga_Ogam_IE ! Surely Latn is the main script for Old Irish
                   ! (unless you want to count Latg)
non => non_Runr_SE ! I think Latn, but perhaps it depends on how you
                   ! measure usage.  I understood that most of the Old
                   ! Norse material came from Iceland.
nod => nod_Lana_TH ! I think Thai - unless there has been a major shift
                   ! recently.