Bundle Lookup

John Emmons emmo at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 11 16:53:59 CST 2014

#3 is currently a problem, which we are working on.  Basically, "Latn"
needs to be stripped out because it isn't necessary.  Then follow the
normal inheritance:

en-GB: en-GB → (parentLocale) en-001 → (truncation) en → root

#4 - Any unicode locale extensions are meant to identify particular
behaviors that are desired in the context of a given locale.  Think of them
like "options".  They are not meant to be used in the context of bundle
lookups.

#5 - zh_TW - Now that proper language aliases are in place ( See
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/5949 )

zh-TW: zh-TW → (languageAlias) zh-Hant-TW → (truncation) zh-Hant
(parentLocale) → root

Regards,

John C. Emmons
Globalization Architect & Unicode CLDR TC Chairman
IBM Software Group
Internet: emmo at us.ibm.com