Bundle Lookup

Rafael Xavier rxaviers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:54:12 CST 2014

Friends,

This is a very basic question. See below. There are lots of documentation
about locale inheritance and matching. But, it fails in same cases to me.

*Giving a locale, what's the procedure to find the bundle lookup chain?*

1. en-US: en-US → (truncation) en → root

This one is dead simple. No problem.

2. en-GB: en-GB → (parentLocale) en-001 → (truncation) en → root

This one is also dead simple. Although, documentation says en-GB → en. Is
it outdated or am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, the ones I'm interested in knowing are:

3. en-Latn-GB
4. en-US-u-nu-usd
5. zh-TW

Please, could someone show me what's the chain of these locales (and
obviously explain the steps)?

Thanks!

--
+55 (16) 98138-1582, +1 (415) 568-5854, skype: rxaviers
http://rafael.xavier.blog.br