Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

Marius Spix marius.spix at web.de
Fri Jan 12 17:26:18 CST 2024

Applications like Word or web browsers are able to preserve formatting
by using rich text formats like HTML or RTF in the clipboard. ECMA-48
proposed styling controls work on the plaintext layer, independenlty
from the application, as long the renderer (e. g. Uniscribe or HarfBuzz)
supports them. That would require the clipboard handler of the
operating system to be aware of these sequences.