Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

Kent Karlsson kent.b.karlsson at bahnhof.se
Mon Jan 8 15:45:02 CST 2024

Skickat från min iPhone

> 8 jan. 2024 kl. 13:21 skrev William_J_G Overington via Unicode <unicode at corp.unicode.org>:
>
> It appears that for alphanumerics green SP? CSI 92m is needed and that for alphanumerics yellow that SP? CSI 93m is needed. I expect that the code alphanumerics green will be needed at the start of the line and after the name Gutenberg and that alphanumerics yellow will be needed before the name Gutenberg. A teletext alphanumerics colour code automatically generates a space in the display, so I am wondering if, for the possibility of making round-trip conversion back to teletext format that the space should be after the code rather than before it as is listed in Kent's document so that in a round trip the space following the colour code can be omitted when it is reached rather than needing to go back and remove it when the colour code is detected.

Teletext (characters and protocol) are quite messy. In this particular case it has to do with “apply-after” and “apply-at”, as well as suppression of space, which I have tried to convey in short-hand.

For more details, see the Teletext standard. In the references section there is a link to that standard’s document.

I’m not giving a full conversion. As I mentioned, Teletext is quite messy. And my proposal document is not the place to deep-dive into Teletext stangeness.

/Kent K