Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 7 15:55:50 CST 2024

On 1/7/2024 4:02 AM, William_J_G Ringtone via Unicode wrote:
> I suggest that a way to popularize your suggestions is for there to be
> short science fiction stories where a problem arises and then it is
> solved using your ideas.

I think that's an excellent suggestion. All specifications should be
accompanied by a science fiction story or perhaps a thriller that
features the new technology.

I'm thinking a coded message affecting the future of humanity, where the
secret is buried in the appearance, not the content of the text. And our
amateur sleuths from the future need to revive an ancient machine found
in an abandoned spaceship where they have to piece together what they
can from preserved fragments of this mail discussion. While fighting off
the CSS overlords.

That should about do it.

Once that thriller hits the bestseller lists, the inevitable fan
community will implement the technology and keep it alive through
sequels, film adaptations and fan fiction. See Klingon.

Case closed.

A./