Reference glyphs of musical accidentals quarter sharp and quarter flat

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Jan 3 11:11:33 CST 2024

I personally support Kirk Miller's proposal to add the more commonly used symbols as separate characters, rather than complicating the encoding by adding variation selectors to change the glyph to something quite different.

We don't always realize it, but ordinary users generally don't know anything about variation selectors.

—Doug

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone