Aw: Re: Protective signs

Marius Spix marius.spix at web.de
Sun Feb 18 11:25:29 CST 2024

Unicode also has ⛑️ HELMET WITH WHITE CROSS (U+26D1) which also could be used to mark medical corps. However, the actual orign of that character is the Maintenance symbol in Japanese TV broadcast. And similar to ⚕ STAFF OF AESCULAPIS (U+2695) it is no international protective sign. That is the reason, why medical corps wear a white armband or patch with a red cross, crescent or crystal. While the red lion with sun is also theoretically protected, it is never used.