How do U+2571..U+2573 connect?

Rebecca Bettencourt beckiergb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:39:10 CDT 2023

These three box drawing diagonals appear in at least:
- Amstrad CPC
- Mattel Aquarius
- Atari 8-bit
- MSX
- PETSCII
- Kaypro
- Sharp MZ
- Ohio Scientific
- Robotron

See page 11 of:
https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2019/19025-aux-LegacyComputingSources.pdf

See page 5 of:
https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2021/21235-terminals-supplement-sources.pdf

They don't appear in Teletext.

As to how they came to be in Unicode originally, I don't know. Probably
some IBM or DEC character set.

-- Rebecca Bettencourt