Missing Latin superscript lowercase letters

Ken Whistler kenwhistler at sonic.net
Mon Mar 27 22:00:51 CDT 2023

Whatever the use case might be for each of these, the quoted premise is
simply incorrect.

2071          ; Super # Lm       SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER I
207F          ; Super # Lm       SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER N
107A5         ; Super # Lm       MODIFIER LETTER LATIN SMALL Q

That the names of 2071 and 207F depart from the usual pattern is simply
an historical accident, based on the original sources for the encoding.
These are them, they *are* encoded.

BTW, 2071 and 207F have been there from the very *first* version of
Unicode. The modifer letter q only got in very recently, based on
evidence that tracked down an appropriate example in a linguistic usage.

--Ken