Missing "(Heavy)EQUAL SIGN-Emoji"

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 19 23:59:25 CDT 2023

On 3/19/2023 4:01 PM, Sławomir Osipiuk via Unicode wrote:
> Quite a lot, actually, but at its heart it's still a computer and
> hence more likely to do what you tell it than what you want.
> I assume "LX" told ChatGPT to "write a proposal for a Heavy Equals
> Sign Emoji" rather than asking "Is there a Heavy Equals Sign Emoji
> defined in Unicode?"

Right, and I had asked you do to it, you would have noticed it's there
already and asked me why I was so daft to propose something as missing
that is already present. Also, if you had concluded that a new character
would be required, you would have argued why the seemingly existing one
was not in fact the one that you thought is needed. That being a a
requirement of a good proposal (explaining why seeming alternatives are
not valid).

So, if the role of the chatbot just consists of creating plausible
sounding language, we should ban their use in submissions and
communications with the Consortium. Because they may make it sound like
a proposal or suggestion is well researched or thought out, when if fact
it isn't, wasting everybody's time.

A./