Glasses emoji

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Thu Oct 13 18:38:06 CDT 2022

Again, this way lieth madness.  People aren't satisfied with an emoji
for "female teacher with dark hair"; they want "TALL, THIN, female
PHYSICS teacher with dark hair IN PRINCESS-LEIA BUNS AND A PIERCED
EYEBROW (GOLD RING)."  And if you give in on "welllllll, okay, we'll
give in on the tall/short...," you're only encouraging them to beg for
the rest.  ("How about only a _little_ tall?  How about
broad-shouldered?  small-breasted?")

(Though my opinion isn't actually quite what that sounds like: even I
admit that there probably *are* things that are appropriate to give in
on, and I know we all can argue all the day long about them.)

~mark