Why is it called case "folding"?

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Mar 17 18:40:09 CDT 2022

Roger L Costello wrote:

> Why is it called case "folding"?

If you think of a piece of paper with the uppercase alphabet written at the top of the page, and the lowercase alphabet at the bottom, and then folding the page in half so that the uppercase letters are on top of the lowercase letters (or vice versa), that's kind of the image.

Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Lakewood, CO, US | ewellic.org

More information about the Unicode mailing list