Re Tengwar on a general purpose translation site

Julian Bradfield junicode at jcbradfield.org
Mon Mar 7 15:23:15 CST 2022

>On Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 01:14:25 AM GMT+6, Julian Bradfield via Unicode <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't matter what you think about this. What matters is what the
>Tolkien Estate thinks about copyright, and they don't want tengwar in
>Unicode.

>Is there any proof online that Tolkien
>Estate doesn't want Tengwar in Unicode?

Legal matters are not decided by articles online.

I have a letter from the solicitor for the Tolkien Estate refusing
permission for us to submit an update of Michael's proposal to
Unicode. Or to be precise, refusing to give the intellectual property
waivers that are a precondition for the Unicode Consortium to consider
such a proposal.