Hoefler Text Ornaments

James Kass jameskass at code2001.com
Mon Jul 25 19:24:57 CDT 2022

As a visual aid, the MS Outlook glyphs are provided in the attached
graphic file.  Some of the glyphs noted by Marius Spix appear to have
been removed from the font by the time XP arrived, the graphic shows the
font version included with Windows XP.

Having established that certain glyphs exist, the next question is
whether people are exchanging them in plain-text.  If not, then could it
be demonstrated that users would benefit from the ability to do so?  If
not, then there is no path towards their encoding in the Standard.