A multilingual sign that includes a language-independent glyph and a QR code

ag disroot abrahamgross at disroot.org
Thu Feb 10 09:29:20 CST 2022

You keep posting your "language-independent glyphs" here, but how is it language independant if no one understands what it means?

In that case logographies like Chinese hanzi and Egyptian heiroglyphs are just as language independent (at least the pictographs (象形), ideographs (指事) and compound ideographs (會意)) because its symbols of real things so no language necessary. Hanzi is at least legible by ~1.5 billion people, and already has most ideas encoded in characters with a very easy way to extend it.

(if it sounds like I'm upset then I'm sorry, that wasn't the intention. just curious what your reasoning is)