My suggestions for Unicode based math expression format(s)

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 15 01:23:19 CST 2022

On 12/13/2022 3:36 AM, Kent Karlsson via Unicode wrote:
> (Hoping that this goes through ok; I did have some problems with the sum sign when copying this text…)
>
> I've deviced a (or rather, several) new format(s) for representing math expressions.
> Why, you may wonder... Isn't MathML the answer to everyting math? Well, not quite.

Looks like it came through.

The real audience for this would be people creating / editing
mathematical / technical / scientific papers, not the character encoders
(although there's some small overlap).

I think it is valuable to explore the solution space, but have you heard
from people actively using mathematical notation (in whatever form it is
currently supported) to find out what they are looking for?

What would you have to offer to make your new mousetrap one that people
would be willing to leave investment in established technologies behind?

I'm sure you've thought of all of that already.

A./