Difference between Klingon and Tengwar

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 14:26:32 CDT 2021

Peter Constable wrote:

> The main concern is that _users_ of The Unicode Standard won’t be
> susceptible to IP claims against them.

Thank you for replying and for explaining.

> Since this is uncertain, the onus is on the advocates for encoding the
> script to resolve that.

Well, that may be the present policy, but why?

That policy could be changed.

A letter on headed notepaper from the President of Unicode Inc.
personally signed to the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights
explaining that the proposal is being considered, explaining clearly and
in full the issues and the uncertainty, asking if clarity could be
obtained and permission to proceed with the encoding and its application
by users of The Unicode Standard be provided please and offering to pay
a nominal sum of one United States Dollar as consideration, and offering
the option of a joint press press release is, in my opinion, the way to
proceed.

William