Meaning of U+22B6 and possible mistakes

Marius Spix marius.spix at web.de
Fri Sep 3 12:34:43 CDT 2021

It seems that the symbol U+22B6 has been used first by Joachim Kock
from UAB Barcelona Maths Department. He is also using on a website, last
modified in 2006, four years before the already mentioned paper
“Polynomial functors and opetopes” had been published.[1]

The symbol has been “borrowed” from other authors, e. g. [2], [3]

Maybe Mr. Kock can provide more information about the origin of that
character and also answer the other questions.

[1] https://mat.uab.cat/~kock/cat/zoom/examples.html
[2]
http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/Labo/Samuel.Mimram/docs/mimram_optt.pdf
[3] https://github.com/ggreif/seminar-opetope (with diamonds instead of