Encoding ConScripts

James Kass jameskass at code2001.com
Wed Oct 13 17:24:07 CDT 2021

On 2021-10-13 11:37 AM, William_J_G Overington wrote:

> Well, I opine that if one or more people do choose to agree with me on
> this, then his, her, or their posts should be considered on the basis
> of what he, she, or they post, and not on the basis of a prejudging
> before the posting takes place.

This isn't a matter of opinion.  Proposal 1 in the example is a
non-starter because of Unicode's encoding principles.

> > Encoding emoji was an anomaly prompted by peculiar circumstances and
> a unique chain of events.
>
> I would say 'particular' rather than 'peculiar'.

You're entitled to do so.

> > Anybody can predict the future if accuracy isn't important.
>
> I don't understand why you have stated that. Is it relevant here? If
> so, how?

Because predicting the future with no guarantee of accuracy is akin to
speculation, which ties in with my subsequent statement.
>> In the event, policies must be based on current realities rather than
>> speculation.

Now /this/ one *is* a matter of opinion, and we apparently disagree.