Encoding ConScripts

Anshuman Pandey pandey at umich.edu
Sun Oct 10 22:04:54 CDT 2021

> On Oct 9, 2021, at 3:08 PM, William_J_G Overington via Unicode <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:
>
> James Kass wrote:
>
> > Neography is a splendid coinage.
>
> How is the word 'neography' pronounced please?
>
> It seems to be made up as including neo- and graph
> ,
> but is it pronounced similarly to geography, as nee-og-raphy?
>
> Or how please?

The pronunciation would likely vary between British, American, Indian, and other world Englishes.

William, let’s follow your cue and model the pronunciation of ‘neography’ upon that of ‘geography’.

So just replace the ‘g’ with ‘n’… but no matter how you pronounce it, rest assured that we will understand what you mean whatever your optiphonetic analysis!

All my best,
Anshu