Arabic for South Sudan languages

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 07:24:22 CDT 2021

I know someone in South Sudan, and he mentioned in passing that the
Sudanese military dictatorship, in pushing its Islamic policies, made
Arabic orthographies for many South Sudanese languages (then south
Sudanese, now South Sudanese) that were quite unsuccessful; the
languages had too many vowels to map easily to Arabic. Is it likely
too marginal for encoding? It's not in current use, nor do I know that
anyone local cares about getting it encoded.

--
The standard is written in English . If you have trouble understanding
a particular section, read it again and again and again . . . Sit up