Fwd: New CJK characters

James Kass jameskass at code2001.com
Wed Nov 3 00:27:01 CDT 2021

On 2021-11-03 4:40 AM, abrahamgross--- via Unicode wrote:
> Wow I'm really impressed by this tool!
> https://zi.tools/?secondary=ids
>
> Examples I tried to test the limits of what it can do:
>
> https://imgur.com/9EMGqvM
> https://imgur.com/lkgSGeq

It is very impressive.  I input an IDS for an as yet unencoded character
slated for Extension H (⿰尚丁) and was immediately rewarded with a
beautiful ideograph.

The combos Abraham Gross tried are more complex than that.  I'd say the
tool passes the tests!

(I would guess that Wáng Yifán uses component stroke counts in order to
algorithmically determine the relative heights and widths of the
components and may well have also assigned "classes" for each
component's base, top, and so forth to determine how those components
could be kerned or adjusted for the optimal fit.)

Maybe in the future there will be a conversion feature in a plain text
editor which would automatically generate ideographs based on IDSs for
the display.