[EXTERNAL] Subscript Manual WA (was: Zawgyi Tonemarks in Latin Script)

Andrew Glass Andrew.Glass at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 18 13:36:37 CST 2021

Great question Richard, can you provide some examples? Do we have an agreed encoding mechanism for this?
In principle, I would not recommend using mymr because the reordering requirements for Myanmar are complex and it would be inefficient for a font to try and handle them. That said, all kinds of things are possible with OpenType, so it may be a practical workaround in the short term. However, if we can understand the requirement, updating the Myanmar cluster validation and reordering logic to support would be the preferred option here - if it isn't already possible.

Cheers,

Andrew