Zawgyi Tonemarks in Latin Script

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 17 13:52:41 CST 2021

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:01:22 +0000
James Kass via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> On 2021-02-17 5:43 PM, Richard Wordingham via Unicode wrote:
> > Which font were you using?
>
> Tried both Code2000 and Myanmar1 [Myanmar1:Version 0.55 from Myanmar
> NLP].  Both fonts have dotted circle glyphs properly mapped.

I can confirm that behaviour for HarfBuzz Version 2.7.4.  However, I
used VersionS 1.15 and 1.171 of Code2000, which have the invalid script
tag "myan" instead of "mymr" or "mym2", and for which Indic
rearrangement and subscript consonant formation do not occur either.

Using Myanmar1 Version 0.55 with HarfBuzz Version 2.7.4 achieves
rearrangement and subscript formation, and does not not insert the
dotted circle even for defective sequences starting with a non-spacing
mark. It has glyph substitution lookups for the script "mymr" only (not
even for the default script).

The Padauk font I used has lookups for both "mymr" and "mym2".  That
might be significant; the former would have been ignored in favour of
the latter.