Directionality controls for malicious code

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Fri Dec 3 06:50:08 CST 2021

Eli,

I'm not suggesting to do *any* of what I mentioned in text editors :-) Text editors should just do regular UBA.

These checks are meant to be done by the compiler on the sources they are fed with. Somehow the problem really looks like matching new kind of parentheses with a few twists. It would just be nice if we had a good description of the exact rules you need to enforce.

Regarding the idea of text insertion to ensure text boundaries are respected I'm more thinking about templating. Suppose you have a template with fields to fill in with untrusted user input and you want to make sure the text remains contained to well specified boundaries.

Best,

Daniel