Re: superscript π?

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 12:56:31 CDT 2021

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 9:22 AM <jk at koremail.com> wrote:

> On 2021-08-02 23:43, David Starner via Unicode wrote:
> > Or a Chinese
> > economics teacher 基^息? Even within Latin languages, natural characters
> > have all sorts of diacritics on them, like ĉ, ĥ, and õ, with
> > mathematics offering its own set. CJKV ideographs alone are the
> > majority of Unicode characters, and with a billion Chinese speakers,
> > I'll eat my hat if there aren't published examples of ideographs being
> > used that way.
>
> Fortunately there is no way to prove there are no such published cases
> in Chinese so you hat is safe, however mathematical formulas in Chinese
> are written using western conventions so use letters not characters for
> variables.

You phrase that as if that's a response to what I wrote. It's not; I
did not claim that that was standard in China, merely that, like Lean,
it had been used.

--
The standard is written in English . If you have trouble understanding
a particular section, read it again and again and again . . . Sit up