A new era of encoding

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 5 12:00:02 CDT 2021

One week to go for the Public  Review on QID Emoji.

Then a report from the Emoji Subcommittee about what they propose.

Then consideration by the Unicode Technical Committee.

In my opinion this has implications far beyond just emoji, because what
is under consideration is the introduction of an auxiliary encoding
space, with its own map of code points. So if one auxiliary encoding
space is introduced, then there is the possibility of other such
auxiliary encoding spaces becoming introduced.

I consider that the introduction of such auxiliary encoding spaces will
be a good thing, with great benefits.

It will allow new concepts to become implemented in a rigorous
interoperable format.

William Overington

Monday 5 April 2021