Missing flag emojis?

Harriet Riddle harjitmoe at outlook.com
Wed Sep 23 12:21:35 CDT 2020

From: Unicode <unicode-bounces at unicode.org> on behalf of Marius Spix via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org
Sent: 23 September 2020 17:51
To: Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org>
Cc: unicode at unicode.org <unicode at unicode.org>
Subject: Aw: RE: Missing flag emojis?
[…]
Also, according to IANA the TLD .bq is not used (they use .nl instead).
What TLDs use is neither here nor there: the United Kingdom uses .uk while its ISO code is GB—which refers to the entire UK, not just Great Britain—with UK being exceptionally reserved for the United Kingdom but not the assigned code. (For reference, the code for Great Britain specifically (say, if an implementation wants to add support for the version of the Union Jack without the Patrick's Cross) is GB-GBN, i.e. tags 🏴gbgbn✦ in a regional flag sequence.)