Please fix the trademark policy in regards to code

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 25 07:41:59 CDT 2020

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 13:59:27 +0100 (BST)
Julian Bradfield via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> By searching the online US trademarks database, surprisingly enough.
> Which you could have done before posting.

Or one could search UK records (online and free) and find that 'UNICODE'
at least is protected in the EU until 15 February 2026 under
registration number WE00000892283.  I think this is actually covered by
the Madrid Protocol, so will still be valid in the UK in 2021.