Wireless Connection Symbol

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Wed May 27 02:32:08 CDT 2020

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:20 PM James Kass via Unicode
<unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> On 2020-05-27 2:10 AM, Michael Everson via Unicode wrote:
> > On 25 May 2020, at 19:34, Doug Ewell via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Not all symbols for use in diagrams are necessarily candidates for plain-text encoding, although some certainly are and the bar is moving.
> > No, and despite the utility of some symbols for scholarship or tech use, we get to have chipmunk-squirrel hybrids and an incomplete set of dinosaurs.
> >
> > Michael Everson
> A dilemma which QID Emoji Tag Sequences would resolve.
> https://www.unicode.org/review/pri408/

In theory, but in practice, there are 700-some dinosaur species, and
encoding them alongside a hundred thousand other emoji is just going
to mean that nobody supports any of them.

--
The standard is written in English . If you have trouble understanding
a particular section, read it again and again and again . . . Sit up