Is the binaryness/textness of a data format a property?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sat Mar 21 15:57:42 CDT 2020

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> When 137,468 private-use characters aren't enough?
>
> Why is that relevant to the issue at hand?

You're right. I did ask what the uses of non-standard UTF-8 were, and you gave me an example.

> I don't remember off hand, but last time I looked at GB18030, there
> were a lot of them not in Unicode.

I'd forgotten that there were still about two dozen GB18030 characters mapped, more or less officially, into the Unicode PUA. But again, I changed the subject. Sorry about that.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org