What is the current Unicode stance on subscripts and superscripts for mathematical use?

Hans Åberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Tue Jun 23 03:36:53 CDT 2020

Indeed, and in the days of ASCII, one felt that all characters could be encoded with 7-bit bytes. But that is not really legible without some post-processing.

I use it in a program that uses plain text as input, which turns out to be very convenient, apart from that superscripts and subscripts might look better.