Could U+E0001 LANGUAGE TAG become undeprecated please? There is a good reason why I ask

Mark E. Shoulson via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Feb 10 19:06:24 CST 2020

On 2/10/20 6:14 PM, Sławomir Osipiuk via Unicode wrote:
> As for "concatenation of such plain text sequences" where each sequence is in a different language, I must again ask: Is there a system that actually does this, that does not have a higher-level protocol that can carry metadata about the natural language of the text sequences?
Indeed, it seems to me that concatenating such sequences *is* in itself
a higher-level protocol.  After all, it isn't  "plain text" anymore when
you have to suppress printing out some of it.  And we already have other
higher-level protocols that can do the job about as efficiently.  So at
least this particular application would be a solution to a problem
that's already been solved.

~mark