On the lack of a SQUARE TB glyph

Fred Brennan via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Sep 27 00:15:44 CDT 2019

I'm sorry to write twice to the list but after some discussion on Twitter it
is certain I'm going to write a request.

I only have two lingering questions.

* Does the existence of the legacy Adobe encoding Adobe-Japan1-6 shift the
balance? It has a SQUARE TB at CID+8306.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/font/pdfs/5078.Adobe-Japan1-6.pdf

* Should I also propose SQUARE PB up to SQUARE YB? At the very least SQUARE PB
in datacenter settings seems useful.

(I emailed Dr. Ken Lunde with these questions, but he's on vacation until the
next meeting of the UTC. Does anyone know how much time I have before the
agenda closes? When does the Script Ad Hoc meet next?)