Proposing mostly invisible characters

Christoph Päper via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Sep 13 04:09:44 CDT 2019

CSS Text would indeed allow this in level 4:

  .label {hyphenate-character: "";}

<https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-4/#hyphenate-character>

However, this suggests that *all* SHYs therein should not produce a hyphen glyph at the end of a line. I guess I would need to show then, that there are instances where this is not desired.