The native name of Tai Viet script and language(s)

r12a via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Sep 12 08:34:11 CDT 2019

On 27/08/2019 07:33, Eli Zaretskii via Unicode wrote:
> Yes, it's an old and outdated text (Emacs is around since 1985, and
> supports multilingual text editing since 1997).  Easy to fix, and I
> will fix it, but my main difficulty is with the text that uses the
> script itself, which is why I asked here.  I couldn't find
> copy/paste-able text for that anywhere on the Internet.

For a list of languages for which Tai Viet script is used, see
https://scriptsource.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=script_detail&key=Tavt

For some copy-pastable text you could try the Tai Dam version of the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights at
https://unicode.org/udhr/d/udhr_blt.html

For an introduction to the script and the characters used for Tai Dam,
you may find this useful
https://r12a.github.io/scripts/taiviet/

If you want to try typing some Tai Viet text, try
https://r12a.github.io/pickers/taiviet/

hth
ri