worldswritingsystems.org

Wáng Yifán via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Oct 7 02:49:05 CDT 2019

A very comprehensive website, but a couple of details have come to my attention.
- Bronze script: despite its traditional name, it's hard to say that
it is a single consistent system (just jump to WP via your link). They
are various "scripts" at best, only grouped by writing medium which
was the only thing sure at the early stage of study.
- Seal script: while I'm not sure strictly what the dates stand for,
121 CE is when the oldest extant dictionary of it was compiled
(because its usage had declined) and not likely when its usage
started. The dated use goes back to around 200 BCE, and some unearthed
materials apparently predates it by some centuries. The end date is
much more puzzling. AFAIK there's no essential gap between 20c and
today; you can either say it was officially obsolete before 121, or
still has ritual use to this day.