Is the Unicode Standard "The foundation for all modern software and communications around the world"?

Mark E. Shoulson via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Nov 19 17:00:21 CST 2019

It says "foundation", not "sum total, all there is."  I don't think this
is much overreach.  MAYBE it counts as "enthusiastic", but not misleading.

Why so concerned with these minutiæ? Were you in fact misled?  (Doesn't
sound like it.)  Do you know someone who was, or whom you fear would
be?  What incorrect conclusions might they draw from that
misunderstanding, and how serious would they be?  Doesn't sound like
this is really anything serious even if you were right.

~mark