Unicode "no-op" Character?

Mark Davis ☕️ via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sat Jun 22 03:37:12 CDT 2019

There nothing like what you are describing. Examples:

   1. Display — There are a few of the Default Ignorables that are always
   treated as invisible, and have little effect on other characters. However,
   even those will generally interfere with the display of sequences (be
   between 'q' and U+0308 ( q̈ ); within emoji sequences, within ligatures,
   etc), line break, etc.
   2. Interpretation — There is no character that would always be ignored
   by all processes. Some processes may ignore some characters (eg a search
   indexer may ignore most default ignorables), but there is nothing that all
   processes will ignore.

The only exception would be if some cooperating processes that had agreed
beforehand to strip some particular character.

Mark